NOTE: This tour can only take place at the Green and Orange Covid Traffic light settings. It will be cancelled at Red.
Tours take around two hours and include the Visitor Centre, the main house and the garden (weather permitting). Tours explore the history of the house and the Governor-General’s role. Tours only take place under the Green and Orange Covid settings.
If you have any questions or need additional information please email us at [email protected], or call us at 04-382-0837 or 04-389-8055. You will receive a reminder email 24 hours before your tour.
Health and safety:
- Vaccine passes are required for entry for visitors 12yrs 3mos and over. Your pass will be scanned in the carpark at the Visitor Centre.
- Visitors over the age of 10yrs must wear a mask at all times unless they provide a Ministry of Health exemption from mask-wearing.
- Wheelchairs are available and we have good access in the Visitor Centre and House. Not all parts of the grounds are mobility friendly.
- NZSL interpreters can be arranged depending on notice and availability.
The tour is in English.
- Please contact us if you have any health, accessibility, sensory, language or other needs we should be aware of.
- All adults must have a form of identification with them for check-in at the Hospital Road gate. Photo ID is preferred.
- Your tour registration details may be checked by the NZ Police.
- We have onsite parking by the Visitor Centre.
- If you are walking or coming by public transport, please note that Hospital Road is hilly, and you cannot cut across the hospital carpark due to building work.
- If we need to cancel this tour, we will advise you as soon as possible.