The Prime Minister has announced a donation of $1 million to Trees That Count as New Zealand’s gift to mark the Coronation. Trees That Count, in partnership with the Department of Conservation, will work with community groups to plant more than 100,000 native trees, creating a living legacy to benefit all New Zealanders.
Here are some of the ways you can mark the Coronation of King Charles III and Camilla, the Queen Consort.
- Attend a Coronation event.
- Watch the Coronation service.
- Make a Coronation Pie.
- Plant a native tree in your garden.
- Light up your building (in purple or another colour of your choice) on the evening of 6 May.
- Check out New Zealand Post’s Coronation stamps and coins.
- Keep an ear out for bell ringing on the weekend of 6 and 7 May.