Individuals and small groups wanting to tour Government House Wellington, please go to the Public Tours section of this page and book your place online.
Schools, ECE, community and family groups should contact our Visitor Centre to make bookings for tours:
Wellington Government House and/or gardens:
- Education, workplace,community and family/social group tour bookings for 6 or more people can be made by contacting the Visitor Centre. We are happy to tailor programmes to meet your interests.
- Government House and the Visitor Centre have a gold accessibility rating. Some parts of the grounds are not access friendly.
- Tour operators are welcome to contact the Visitor Centre about arranging a tour of the house/gardens.
- email email@example.com
Auckland Government House gardens
- Public tours of the Auckland gardens will resume in late 2023. Dates will be on our website.
- Community groups are welcome to contact our Visitor Centre to book a tour of the Auckland gardens from October 2022 onwards. Garden tours can only take place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings when the house is not in use. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Visitor Centre if you have any questions about booking a tour of either property.
Questions? Contact the Visitor Centre Team at email@example.com or 04-382-0837 or 04-389-8055.
Plan your visit
Learn more about where to go and what to expect on your visit to Government House Wellington.
15 places on each tour for individuals or groups of 6 or less.
Tours take around two hours and include the Visitor Centre, the main house and the garden (weather permitting).
For groups of more than 5 people
Community organisations, rest homes, work groups, commercial tour groups and groups with specialist needs or interests.
For ECE-Adult education groups including ESOL classes
We can tailor a visit to meet students' needs and learning requirements.
Did you know?
Government House Wellington is a Category 1 heritage building and has been the home of New Zealand's Governors and Governors-General since 1910.