The Governor-General, The Rt Hon Dame Patsy Reddy will leave New Zealand tomorrow for a four-day State Visit to Malaysia. The visit will mark the 60th year of diplomatic relations between New Zealand and Malaysia, following its independence in 1957. The visit will be an opportunity to celebrate long-standing ties in defence, education and trade.
Dame Patsy will be welcomed at a ceremony at Parliament Square, and will also meet the King, Sultan Muhammad V and attend a State Banquet given in her honour. During her visit, the Governor-General will address a Women in Leadership Forum and undertake several cultural and education-related engagements.
- Welcoming Ceremony at Parliament Square
- Visit to the Islamic Arts Museum and Masjed Jamek mosque
- Audience with the King
- State Banquet
- Visit to Cheras Cemetery
- Visit to KYS School
- Call on the Governor of Melaka
- Address to a Women in Leadership Forum
- Call on the Sultan of Perak
- Lunch with Malaysian alumni of New Zealand universities
For further enquiries, please contact Nerina Bennett, Team Leader Engagement and Communications, Government House, on 021 470 583