In ceremonies on Tuesday 18 September, Wednesday 19 September and Thursday 20 September, the Hon Anand Satyanand, Governor-General of New Zealand, will hold a series of investitures at Government House, Auckland.
Media wanting to attend these ceremonies must seek accreditation from the Public Affairs Officer, Antony Paltridge, on 021 470 583 no later than 9am on the day of the ceremony.
Some of those receiving honours include:
Tuesday 18 September 10.30am
- Henry van der Heyden, DCNZM, for services to agriculture.
- Dr Graham Bush, QSO, for services to historical research, notably local government.
- Julie Christie, ONZM, for services to television.
- Wayne Walden, ONZM, for services to business and the community.
Tuesday 18 September 2.30pm
- Jim Douglas, CNZM, for services to agricultural science.
- Ruben Wiki, ONZM, for services to rugby league.
- Whai Ngata, ONZM, for services to Maori broadcasting and television.
Wednesday 19 September 10.30am
- Stephen Tindall, DCNZM, for services to business and the community.
- Gordon Tietjens, CNZM, for services to rugby.
- Professor Gregor Coster, CNZM, for services to public health.
- Tina Cross, ONZM, for services to the music industry.
Thursday 20 September 10.30am
- Dr Rodney Wilson, CNZM, for services to museum and art gallery administration.
- Professor Carol Cardno, QSO, for services to educational administration.
- Gordon Vette, ONZM, for services to aviation.
Media wishing to attend this event should seek accreditation from
Antony Paltridge, Public Affairs Officer on 021 470 583